Sunday, November 24, 2013

Joe Fresh skirts at JCP

JCPenney always has some of the best sales during the holidays. The only problem is that their apparel tend to be too large for tiny petites. Yet, I like browsing their sale items anyway, in hopes that I'll get lucky someday. Currently, loving these skirts from Joe Fresh...reminiscent of J.Crew's city mini skirts....

***
Update 12/10/13
Here is my review of the Joe Fresh gold sequin skirt in size XS:
In person, the sequins are more bronze and muted. 
But it sparkles nicely on camera when the light catches it.

no flash (left)   vs.  with camera flash (right)
Laying flat, the size XS waist width measures 12.5" across and the total length from top of waist to hem is 16". I find this a pretty good fit for my petite self. 

The skirt is fully lined in a soft and stretchy 100% rayon jersey material:
It has hidden slip pockets on both sides, but I wouldn't recommend putting my hands in them due to scratchy sequins. In fact, I recommend wearing the skirt with tights and a shirt tucked under due to itchy sequins on the edges that can scrape bare skin (especially lame for dry winter skin). I also do not recommend sitting on Santa's lap with this skirt to avoid sticking to his fuzzy outfit, haha. 

Other than that, this is a pretty inexpensive dupe to J.Crew's popular sequin mesh bell skirt as recently seen on Stylish Petite. I bought this skirt on super sale on Thanksgiving Day for ~$17. So definitely wait for a good sale to pop back up at JCP if interested!

3 comments:

eliz said...

I loove JCPenney...Joe Fresh sizes are in xs! I like the variety of petite clothing some of them have (there are about 4 Jcpenney's around me)....but I still mostly shop at their Juniors section..haha

Olyvia said...

I know you do, Eliz, haha! Love your shoes from them too! I haven't went to JCP since last Christmas, but the Joe Fresh line is luring me back...hopefully their XS sizes are XS!

Olyvia said...

Yay! size XS is pretty decent XS per review I updated above.