Nowadays, when I make a purchase, I think a lot.
1. Does it fit right or can be altered easily?
2. Does it match my skin tone?
3. Is it appropriate for work and play environments?
4. Is the fabric comfortable and carefree?
5. Is it compatible with other items in my closet?
6. Is it on my Shopping Limit List?
7. Is it something I can see in my favorite Anthropologie catalog?
8. Does it look good on camera?
After honing down my style and slowly acquiring everything on my Shopping Limit List, I'm somewhat satisfied, but I'm always open for better things out there! Especially when the beloved older items become worn and frayed. I really like the concept from Alterations Needed on "Wardrobe Upgrade."
9. Is it a good upgrade to an item I already own?
I have been keeping an eye out for a blue stripe button-up to replace one of my dingy Forever 21 shirt. While loitering around at Banana Republic during a recent mall visit, I gravitated towards this...
(bought on 40% sale off $69.50)
Size Regular 0
F21 on left vs. BR on right