Monday, February 1, 2021

Ten Year Goals for 2021-31


After hemming and hawing over several blue-grey jackets (at Forever 21, Topshop, Theory) for my 2021 wish list item, I realized I do not look good in this blue color at all. As much as I admire this hue on someone like Olivia Palermo or Kerrie Burke (above), it unfortunately makes my facial features look ashen. Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself that what looks amazing on others may not suit me well.

Upon further contemplation, I realized I do not need another outerwear to fill up my closet full of clothes. Over the years, I think I've collected enough clothes to wear for another decade actually. Since I started blogging in 2011 on here, I have learned so much on finding my personal style, knowing what makes me look good and feel good. I would say between 2011 and 2021, I have reached the most pivotal fashion moments in my life, entering the corporate workforce, paying off school loans, enjoying fancy events, and getting married

Since the pandemic things have changed rapidly for me and my priorities have shifted. Fashion no longer feels important for me as it used to when it comes to making an impression to the world. Nowadays, I'm more focused on what to put "inside" of me for better physical and mental health. 

What does this all mean now for this blog? 

1. No More Fashion Shopping: My goal is now NOT to shop for any more apparel items until everything is seriously worn out. I hope to keep this up for at least a decade! That's why I'm glad I stuck to the "classics" these past shopping sprees. 

2. Maintenance and Repair: Learn to maintain clothing items so that they last longer!

3. Style Crush Continues on Blog: I will always admire new fashion trends and editorials, so I will continue to post my favorite fashion icons and relevant style inspirations for anyone who still enjoys reading my blog for my view on the fashion retail world.

4. Home Decor or Accessories Instead: As for solutions to enticing things that are not flattering on me or not needed in my wardrobe, but I still love them so much (like the blue-grey coat idea), I'll be turning that infatuation into my home decor instead, like incorporating this hue as a holder for my kitchen sink utensils... 


Cheers to new goals! 

No comments: