Friday, March 27, 2020

15 Most Essential Shoes for an Adult Woman

Since we are currently living in a time when everyone is concerned about what is considered "essential," I have narrowed down a list of my most essential shoes. After 30 years of experimenting with different styles of shoes in my daily life, I have come to the conclusion that I really only need these 15 pairs of shoes to survive in comfort and style as an adult woman.

All these can be found at DSW (one of my favorite shoe stores)

1. Nude Pointy Toe Stiletto Pumps: technically these heels are not really necessary, as they are not the most comfortable to walk in, but I think my oxytocin levels rises when I see them. If shoes can be described as delicious and indulgent like chocolate, these pumps are just that, not really needed, but you got to have it if the opportunity arises and they make the legs look so good! 

2. Low Heel Nude Sandals: these are my go-to Sunday shoes when the warm weather calls for a summery dress.

3. Barely There Strappy Heels: I wear these for Spring/Summer wedding attire and fancy occasions. The minimalist material is great for packing light for traveling too. Aesthetically, these would turn on a date who has a foot fetish.

4. Black Leather Shootie: these are my every day office work shoes, looks great with trouser socks and tights, the ankle height gives some coverage for a professional look, but are easy to slip off when the feet needs a break under the desk or in the car during long commute. I usually pick the style that has all rubber soles/heels for best comfort because the walk from the parking lot to the office building can be far.

5. Black Thick Heel Pumps: I wear these for important professional events like job interviews, business meetings, and perfect for funeral/concert black attire. I like to keep these super shiny and polished.

6. Black closed-toe Strap Heels: these are the conservative version of my "barely there strappy heels" when the toenails do not want to be seen in public, but the feet still wants to be sexy for fancy occasions.

7. Sport Sandals: the Teva Verra sport sandals are my all time favorite for summer travel activities. They dry very quickly for wet boating trips and sand brushes off of them easily after playing on the beach. The strappy style is fashionable enough to wear with pretty dresses, while the rugged soles are great for a stroll on the wobbly cobblestones of shopping/food villages (aka urban hiking).

8. Comfortable Black Slide Sandals: preferably with Velcro straps to adjust for the perfect fit. I find these in the "old lady" section of the shoes department. I wear these sandals to run errands like grocery shopping and they also pass as appropriate sandals for the workplace.

9. & 10. Flip Flops: my favorite brand is the Havaianas, which comes in many pretty prints and colors, but most importantly, they come in slim styles yet sturdy enough to last a few seasons. I always have at least TWO pairs. One to wear around the house (basically my every day house shoes), and one to stash away in my travel luggage for hotel/poolside use.

11. Trail Running ShoesI had bought an Adidas version over 10 years ago when I was invited to go hiking in Arizona for the first time, and they're still in great shape, probably because I don't wear them often, but they are a must-have when going camping, walking around the park, or bicycling around the neighborhood. I like the ones that are lightweight, has some waterproof material, and soles with non-slip traction.

12. Ultra Lightweight Tennis Shoes: I really do not know the difference between running shoes, tennis shoes, or sneakers, so I use these terms interchangeably. What I care about is the amazingly lightweight athletic shoes made with the breathable mesh outer, and patent-pending soles that feels like you are wearing nothing or bouncing on a cloud. I love keeping a pair as my clean "indoor tennis shoes" for exercising at home with Blogilates, tabata, or dance aerobics.

13. Rubber rain boots: I never thought I would need these since I did not grow up wearing any rain shoes, but as an adult, I appreciate their protection when walking through muddy ground like going gaper clamming with the husband, or cleaning debris in the yard after a bad rainstorm. I would not pay over $50 for these shoes though. I actually shop for these in the kids department at Walmart for $16. Luckily, I fit in their size 5 boots. 

14. Snow Boots: or perhaps duck boots? These are for winter vacation at the snow resorts or visiting my relatives in the Midwest during the holidays. I detest wearing thick itchy socks, so these insulated boots keep my feet dry and toasty for snow adventures.

15. Leather wedge booties: these are my go-to travel shoes during the colder months. They provide adequate protection from sudden rain or walking through filthy streets of the city, while still looking professional enough for church and business events. 

So that sums up all the shoes I really need!
What are your most essential shoes?

No comments: