Monday, September 11, 2023

Periwinkle Purple Sweater Love

My favorite color is purple. As much as I love this hue, I actually have a hard time incorporating this color into my wardrobe for fear of looking like I shop in the little girls department or just looking like a kid. But ever since I turned 40, I've been feeling like life is just too short...why not just do and have things you love! So, I've been adding more lovely purple things in my wardrobe! Yet, I'm very picky in the shade of purple to match my mood. Last year, I was all about the vivid grape-blue purple, but this year, I'm on to the periwinkle purple! 

It was this post from Kit Hoover, fellow petite television host from Access Hollywood, that struck a chord in my fashion guitar...
The sweater looks so striking on the boat and ocean background!
Makes me feel like going on a summer boat cruise with that sweater for sure! 

Then as Fall fashion started rolling in, I came across this reel from the influential Sézane, where the model was pairing a periwinkle purple sweater with a burnt orange skirt and the unexpected color combination was just sensational! 

Then as New York Fashion Week is now upon us, I've been mesmerized by this collection from Michael Kors Spring 2024 RTW....the medium purple sweater against all the tans....so beautiful! 



Evidently guys look great in this color too! I like how actor Christopher Briney from The Summer I Turned Pretty wore it with olive pants, which is another unexpected color combination that works! 

In summary, this color looks beautiful in all seasons....Summer, Fall, Spring!  
Need this in my wardrobe! 

No comments: