Sunday, March 25, 2012

You had me at yellow!

I'm adoring the neon yellow accents in this spring/summer fashion, especially in footwear. Ann Taylor is having a 40% off everything online, including these Elizabeth Pointy Flats, but my pick of the Neon Light cap toe is already sold-out in my size, of course! Good thing, because even with the sale, it comes down to $71.99, which is still out of my range for trendy items. Aren't they so pretty and fun though?

To compensate for my loss and budget, I decided to buy neon yellow nail polish for my toes instead (I'm on a polish binge lately)! With another $3.50 off coupon, I went to Ulta again to find a neon shade. The only one available at my local store was this Piggy Polish You Had Me At Yellow:
Review: The color fits my bill for a fluorescent yellow. However, the formula doesn't apply nicely. It's runny, streaks easily, and dries up in a matte finish that scratches easily. I had to apply this over a light-colored opaque base (used my China Glaze Re-fresh Mint polish underneath), a coat of the Piggy polish, and then a clear top coat to give it a nice shine and make it scratch-resistant. Too much work for a $7.50 polish in my opinion. This reminded me of the same complaints with the China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini and the cheaper $1.99 Sinful Neon Melon.

Conclusion: I do not recommend this Piggy Polish You Had Me At Yellow unless you don't mind the extra work. The color still turns out nicely though. I wish I had went to CVS instead. I just found out about the new Nicole by OPI Ladies in the Limelight (Kardashian Kolor), which has more positive reviews and the color looks just as gorgeous, but a few cents pricier at $7.99.  But worth a check if you are looking for some neon polish. See good reviews here and here.

2 comments:

K. said...

Flats are amazing and nail polish WOOW-great color!!!
please check out also my blog:

chicmaniapourtoi.blogspot.com

thank you,

cheers,
xx ketty xx

Olyvia said...

Thanks!