Friday, March 29, 2013

Trendy Trousers: Fail?

I took a trip to my local H&M today in hopes of obtaining some versatile casual dresses after seeing great finds from Quest for Fashion Sense and Life Unrefined. Unfortunately, I got distracted by these really cool pants on the dummy display. The moroccan or medallion print is immensely appealing to me lately. So the only item I took home with me are these pants in their smallest size XS to evaluate.....

My first thoughts were "wow, the ombre color combo is very unique and pretty!"

As I tried the pants on, I noticed that the elasticized waistband in the back and tapered loose cut reminds me of the silky pajama pants that Asian grannies tend to wear.

I tried to convince myself that pajama-style trousers are the "it" thing right now. Maybe I can work these pants....with my trusty black blazer and white tee:
The polyester fabric itself has no stretch, so any tighter in the legs would have been uncomfortable.
Trying to play with the length by rolling up the hem...
Eh, what do you think?
Wrong styling choices? Not too flattering backside?
Looks better as pajamas instead?
Alrighty...maybe these pants are not for me. I'm leaning towards returning. 
Too bad, because I really like the print!
They sure look amazing on these fashionable bloggers though:

If you bought these pants too, please share your link (pics) in the comments below!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I saw that picture of you with the comforter. I didn't see the pajama-ness of the pants until that image.

The ombre print is really pretty; would it make a difference at all if you saw what the pants would look like hemmed? Maybe try pinning it up before you hem just to see?

Not sure how to fix the puffing up when sitting issue, though.

phiphis blog said...

i laughed too with the comforter picture. i think the pants are too loose at the stomach area, and the poof that you get when you sit will bother you. the concept is good tho - you'd have to hem it to make it work. i'd likely return and keep looking to find a good fit.

xox P

~ Y said...

I love these pants so much!
The print with the ombre tone is so unique - when I wore them out I received so many compliments!!! Honestly, for the price, I think you should keep exploring ways to make them work. :-)

http://realitytvfashion.com/2013/03/ombre-pants/

Sydney's Fashion Diary said...

I really love the print too but I think it's hard for petite woman to pull off something like these. I'd return them and keep looking out for something better.

Olyvia said...

QFFS, agreed. these pants do need some hemming.

Phiphi, agreed. The waist is probably too loose...resulting in bagginess in the area.

Y, you look HOT in these pants!

Sydney, agreed. The pants just don't fit well on me. I'm too lazy and cheap to get alterations on trendy items...so I've decided...return it is!

Thanks you ladies for your feedback :)

Jess said...

I LOVE these trousers but they never arrived in my H&M, i think had the fit been a lot better they would have looked amazing on you.x