Sunday, September 28, 2014

Barbie style inspiration

Today's outfit borrowed from...Barbie!
Since I was a little girl, I have been a fan of the Barbie doll. I remember the commercials during cartoon hours were extremely enticing. My parents didn't have extra money to buy toys for us, but somehow, someone gave me a rip-off version of the Barbie doll (with curly brown hair). It was so much fun to make her clothes out of old socks and to imagine where she was going with her new outfits and hairdo! Barbie is definitely about being creative with fashion!

I really haven't given Barbie a thought for a long long time, until I recently stumbled across Barbie Style on instagram. Whoever is styling her is amazing,,,like a pro-fashion blogger! It seriously made me want to go buy a Barbie doll all over again. Maybe when I pay off my school loans by end of the year, I'll buy myself a "real" Barbie doll and start honing in my sewing skills to make doll clothes....just maybe, haha! Can you ever be too old to play with dolls?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! What a clever idea of Mattel to market Barbie that way.

Kileen said...

haha, i like the Barbie Style IG! how clever and the fashion is definitely en pointe! i love your re-creation of one of the looks!

cute & little

Olyvia said...

Michelle, such good marketing indeed! I was "this" close to buying a Barbie doll on Amazon just now, haha!

Kileen, thanks!