Thursday, August 31, 2023

Cottagecore Inspiration

So I've been intrigued by the "Cottagecore" look ever since the Nap Dress became a thing started by Nellie Diamond's Hill House company where the floral prints are the same as the bed sheet prints. 

It's girly and sweet, and reminds you of the country life, and I wasn't sure if it's for me...

Until season 3 episode 3 of Victoria, the PBS Masterpiece Theater's show that I'm currently hooked on...

This is my favorite Queen Victoria outfit from the show! Purple-ditsy print! Ah! you have my heart. And her bonnet is just perfect! Since the royal family is somewhat vacationing in the seaside escape at their home in the Isle of Wight, I would definitely consider this resort-wear for the Victorian times! 

It's hilarious that Prince Albert wears the classic Breton stripes too: 


Other views from the show on her gown:



So now I'm on the lookout of trying out this style in modern day form, and at affordable prices...

From Walmart:

No comments: