Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Keeping it Simple

Starting out as a quiet shrimpy kid with thin hair, thick glasses, and colorful unwanted hand-me-down fashions from the 80's since I was 5 years old....all those things combined put me in a class of aloneness throughout the majority of my childhood school days. 

In retrospect there were only two times in my entire life where popular kids actually talked to me in a nice way:

1. When my mom handmade me a pair of black pants and I wore it to school with a plain white fitted polo t-shirt. This was sixth grade. Surprisingly a popular girl in my class complimented that she liked my pants and that I looked "really cool today" instead of my usual mismatched hot pink and turquoise sweats. 

2. The time I got Lasix eye surgery over the summer of my sophomore year of college....wow that new school year without glasses was the first time boys ever flirted with me. Literally an eye-opener. So people tend to be friendlier to you when you don't wear thick glasses! 

In summary, the life lessons I learned from this is, if you want to make a good impression on people, wear the simplest outfit and ditch the glasses if you can. 

I love the look of this simple outfit:
This reminds me to keep things simple.

No comments: