Sunday, December 31, 2023

Lo and Sons Waverly 2 Cactus Leather Bag Review

It has been awhile since I reviewed anything in detail, but thought I'd post a thorough pictorial review of my 2023 Black Friday purchase of the Lo & Sons Waverly 2 bag. I originally was scrambling to find a small red bag to match an ugly Christmas sweater for an office party, and Google search lead me to the Lo & Sons website. The 50% off sale definitely caught my eye. The price is surprisingly affordable for some genuine leather products, but I decided to give the cactus leather a try, because based on their comparison chart, cactus leather beats all the other leathers in durability. 

This is the burgundy cactus leather bag in size small ($105 sale) 

The color in person is a reddish-wine, with some rust tones, and is quite beautiful to behold actually. Very winter/Fall vibes. Here's how it compares to my rust/paprika colored coat:
Gold hardware has a nice weight, and does not feel cheap. 
Fully lined, with one simple flap compartment and one zippered compartment. 
I'm assuming the credit card slots inside the zippered compartment is for the paranoid traveler who is wary of pickpocketing, since I believe Lo & Sons bags are designed for the world-traveler in mind. 
The only negative deduction point I have is that the adjustable metal buckle has permanently creased the strap at a section. I'm not sure if the crease will puff out over time, but it is a minor ding. 
Overall, I'm impressed by the look and feel of the bag, it feels luxurious, the color is gorgeous and matches all my most wearable outfit shades seen here: 
I also love that you can wear it as a belt-bag, hand/crook-of-the-arm bag, clutch bag, and crossbody! So versatile! 

The small size is great for my petite frame, and it fits my smart phone and basic essentials when going out. 

Plus, when I saw that the classy Anh from 9to5chic is an endorser of sorts for Lo & Sons, as seen in the stock photos on their website, that gave me confidence in this purchase. 

Since cactus leather is a relatively new invention, I'm not sure how long this material will last or age, but only time will tell, since I'm definitely keeping this bag! If anything, it makes for a great conversation piece when someone compliments your bag and you tell them it's made of cactus! 

What are your thoughts on cactus leather?

No comments: