Friday, January 5, 2024

Letterman, Varsity, Baseball, Souvenir Jacket Idea

The varsity baseball jacket has been trendy these past 2-3 years in the fashion retail world, and I've contemplated that long whether or not it deserves a spot in my current wardrobe. My biggest qualm is that I'm in my 40's and debating if would it make me look like I'm trying too hard to be young? Because let's face it, it belongs to the teenagers and totally brings me back to my high school days with my best friend wearing his yellow and blue letterman jacket with a huge "Orchestra" logo embroidered on it. Wasn't exactly cool and more nerd vibes. 

But Pharrell Williams, one of my favorite fashion icons, showed up in this shrunken leather version with dragons embroidery, perfect for Year of the Dragon 2024, and never looked so cool. And he's 50 years old!

Here he is coming out of a futuristic-looking car, the shrunken jacket, and flare jeans! 
That is cool! 
I also dig the neutral khaki baseball cap! 
(note to self, need one too)
A look of the dragon embroidered on the backside:
How refreshing he looks compared to the men in the stuffy suits! 
So the lesson I learned here is, varsity jacket can work for an older person. 
It needs to be shrunken/not too baggy, and have a cool embroidery. 
Actually, can I just have the exact one Pharrell is wearing?
The search for a dupe begins! 

No comments: