Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Unconventional Wedding Dress Challenge Part 2

Tip #2. Buy big clearance and alter: I originally wanted to order the "Petite" version of this sequin halter neck dress on clearance for $81, but all small sizes already sold out of course. Then upon further search, the "Tall" version was still available and with a lower price tag! My thought was that if the torso fits, altering the skirt length would be easy. 

Maya Tall High Neck Maxi Tulle Dress With Tonal Delicate Sequins 
petite version here 
Wearing size Tall US 4 (sale $67)
The problem: I like the sequin top and the creamy hue, but size US 4 is still too loose in the torso. The top probably would be an easy alteration as well, but if it was any slimmer, my side-view wouldn't be too appealing. This halter style would be better with someone bustier. I also felt the backside was too plain for my taste. Not worthy enough for all the alterations needed. 

Lesson learned: Cream hue is flattering on me. But this simple style is more befitting a Spring/Summer wedding, instead of my desired Fall wedding. 

Part 1,  2,  3,  4,  5,  6Final Thoughts

2 comments:

Steph said...

Check out le chateau bridal online! They go down to an XXS, which typically fits me pretty well. They're meant for taller gals though, so you may still need hemming. They also go on sale/clearance for really cheap! Personally, I went with David's Bridal, which has petite sizing. I still had to get mine hemmed and taken in, though. Good luck with your search :)

Olyvia said...

Thanks Steph for your tips! Will keep them in mind as my search continues!