Saturday, October 14, 2017

Unconventional Wedding Dress Challenge Part 3

Tip #3. Any white dress will do: I decided to look for styles outside of the bridal/prom realm and do a keyword search for any "white dress." Turns out, there's several pretty and ethereal resort-wear attire that can pass as wedding dresses with some tweaking. For instance, this Missguided crochet dress has a great modest covered-up top (think Grace Kelly style), but the bottom see-through fabric and high slits are a bit provocative, which can be easily fixed by wearing a long white slip dress or skirt underneath. Being of Vietnamese descent, I have plenty of white Ao Dai pants lying around, so that's what I wore under this dress below.
Wearing size US 2 (sale $42.50)
The problem: Funny how the extra length of the dress and slits makes sort of the perfect train/tail for a wedding look. This is my first attempt trying an all-covered-up style. Honestly, I felt like an outdated Miss Havisham character; too stuffy for me. The only thing I really liked about this dress is the high midriff gap between the bralette and skirt, which helps the illusion of a small waist and longer legs. 

Lesson learned: Emphasis on the high waist is flattering, but Grace Kelly covered-up look is not for me.

Part 1,  2,  3,  4,  5,  6Final Thoughts

No comments: