Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Grey-Green OOTD with a Pop of Purple

It's ironic that when I was in my teens and twenties, I dreamed of living "larger" where one day, I would have a huge walk-in closet full of beloved items in a mansion-size house, and I somewhat accomplished that dream with our 3,600 square foot home right now. But I learned that a big house just means a lot of work. As I observe how my aging parents and elders are with their declining physical functions, it seems that living large would eventually become too tiresome. Therefore, my ultimate goal is to become more minimalist in the next two decades since my husband and I plan on downsizing when we approach retirement age to one of those "tiny homes" or trailer homes in a retirement village. Thus I've been super conscious of reducing down to the most "essential" things when it comes to my treasured wardrobe and accessories. 

One of my main strategies to reduce the amount of clothing and accessories is to change my clothing style into more "neutral" tones that goes with everything, like white tee shirts and black pants. But I don't want to give up on the joy of colors, since expressing myself with variety and colors brings excitement to my life. In order to keep my creative juices intact with my love of colors, I recently came to the idea that I can play with "small" details of colors that doesn't take up a lot of space, like in jewelry, a hair clip, or just a tassel on a keychain to hook on a purse... 

.....and that's how I became obsessed with these handmade tassel keychains found on Etsy


No comments: