Monday, March 1, 2021

High waist baggy straight leg jeans trend

During the winter holidays, I've been noticing my fashionable teenage niece wearing some interesting high waisted baggy jeans that looks almost vintage and familiar from my past (maybe from 1994-ish). It reminded me that teenagers are always the first to spread the hottest fashion! Then last weekend, I spotted two more young females at Costco and Trader Joe's sporting these high waisted baggy straight leg pants with itty bitty crop tops that confirmed the budding trend. These are the newest "in" pants! 


1, 2

The Good: high waist makes legs look longer, baggy fit is breezier (good for keeping comfortable in the coming warm Spring/Summer weather) 

The Bad: The type of tops to wear with such pants and not look frumpy is limiting. It appears these pants looks most flattering with small fitted tops to accentuate the waistline, and not everyone is comfortable wearing tiny crop tops or tight bodysuit style of shirts.

The Verdict: not going to jump on this trend, but appreciating this new take on pants away from the skinny jeans that stayed in mode too long. In the meantime, I'll be sporting the cousin of these pants, the thinner breezier palazzo pants, which I already have in my closet. 

What are your thoughts?
 Do you think these jeans will replace the long-reigning popularity of skinny jeans?

No comments: