Thursday, May 5, 2022

Bridgerton vs. Sanditon Season 2 review

So I previously felt season 1 of Bridgerton was not as great as Sanditon's season 1, but season 2 is definitely flipped around. Wow, Bridgerton season 2 is everything a girl dreams of in a romance movie/show. I haven't seen such great sexual tension between two characters in a long time. All the little scenes definitely brings back the wonderful feelings and senses of one's first attractions and longing for love. The show had Disney princess appeal with the colorful outfits, picturesque scenes and fantastic soundtrack music, and was more "Jane Austen" vibe than Sanditon with the epic love confession speech by Anthony to Miss Kate Sharma at the end with passionate kiss and fireworks included....yes!!! I love a happy feel-good ending!

Let's talk about the music! I adore how they make these string covers of current pop songs into old-time classical sounds.  These two renditions below are my favorites from the show. 



I don't care too much for the original songs sung by Miley Cyrus and Harry Styles, but I can't stop listening to these. The Bridgerton versions are so GOOD! Makes me want to crank out my old violin and join a small ensemble again! 

Bridgerton got me this round! 

And I was sorely disappointed in Sanditon season 2. I wished Sidney Parker had faked his death to escape his marriage to come back to Charlotte, because her love interests in the new season were not as appealing as Sidney (or even Stringer) was from season 1. The story line with her becoming a governess and falling for the antisocial single-dad, I don't know....doesn't seem right after the steamy-hot-and-bothered situations she had with the mysterious hunky Sidney. Thank goodness for Charlotte's younger sister who saved the show with her cuteness and her own little love story that seems also a bit cliche...another "Roxanne" moment from Captain Fraser, but at least there were some funny flirtatious insults between the two and a happy ending. I think the romance ship has sailed for poor Charlotte when Sidney's character died. Honestly, if Sidney really died (still a bit wishful thinking he faked his death), I think she should definitely marry that average local farmer guy in the end to be more practical and chuckle at the days when she was young, naïve, and had a whirlwind romance amongst the rich people as a small chapter in her life. 

No comments: