Sunday, August 19, 2012

Racing red LOFT tee review

A random UK Harper's Bazaar August 2012 issue just happened to pass by me today. All I took away from this editorial is that "RED" is on trend. Yay! One of my favorite colors to wear.


Now to the more practical version of red. I purchased this Ann Taylor LOFT Slub Cotton Origami Pleated Neck Tee (on sale for ~$17, cheaper in-store I believe) in Racing Red. Thought I'd do a quick review here:

This is how the regular size XS fits on my petite 5'1" 99lb frame
The color is a super bright tomato red in person. 
This slub tee material is on the thinner side. I noticed the white tee in-store was see-through. But the other colors are fine. Since the red is so vivid, there's no issues with bra-showing. However, beware of the stitching at the hem underneath....some of the threads are loose....so I had to re-sew some to prevent them coming undone in the wash.

Overall, this is a casual top that I can wear to work or for play, and is breezy and comfortable for the remaining sweltering hot days. I also like the long length so that I can tuck under skirts and shorts. Here's how I styled it with my Forever 21 paperbag-waist shorts and H&M sandals:
Are you loving the red-trend or the maroon/berry-trend this coming Fall?
 ***
Ooh, I also like this look (kind of eighties-ish star-trek?):

1 comment:

Me said...

It looks cute paired with the sandals like that. I agree...the length makes it versatile! Bummer that you had to put some effort into sewing a new item, though!