Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Metallic flats at Forever 21

I think I found my perfect metallic FLATS yo!

This one from Forever21
$16.80
Almond-toe shape makes them dainty and more comfortable than pointy-toe flats. The gold hue is similar to the Anthropologie Velda flats I reviewed earlier.
The size 6 fits true to size. The flats are lightweight and flexible.
Rubber sole - the gummy kind - my favorite kind of sole for noise-free and skid-free quality. The surprising part is that the insole is made of 100% genuine leather. I never thought Forever21 would ever carry anything with real leather! The sides are lined in a soft, sturdy canvas material which also makes the bare feet comfortable and less sweaty.
My only complaint is, of course with all flats, I wish there were more cushion/padding or a bit more elevated heel. The genuine leather portion is glued on (not stitched), so I'm weary how long these flats will last. Since everything seems very soft and light, I could see these flats breaking apart easily when shuffling along rough terrain.

Overall I'm happy with this purchase. They are what I was looking for. A keeper at an affordable price of $16.80. Also comes in Silver and Rose-gold metallic! Gasp, I'm tempted to order more of these in all the colors.

Ooh, other fab flats at Forever21 with genuine leather insole:

No comments: