Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Black Booties

My search for travel black booties is over. I ended up finding 2 pairs that fit my criteria. The Target Merona® Kalama Shootie Wedge and Crown by Born Woodlynne ankle boots, both on sale for under $30, and both very comfortable shoes.

I thought I'd do a quick review on the Born Crown Woodlynne ankle boots in case anyone out there shops at the online/catalog retailer Sierra Trading Post. Has anyone actually shopped there? I haven't yet, but I noticed they are selling these booties that I'm loving:
Fango Printed Snake - size 6
These fit true to size.
Surprisingly comfortable for 3" heels.
Typical Born patent-pending rubber soles.
My favorite part is the shape of the shoe where it dips in front and the back. The front dip gives an interesting visual and the back dip is great because it doesn't cut or rub against my ankles as with other booties/shooties.
I've been watching a lot of music talent shows (ahem' X-factor), and this outfit makes me feel like I can be a contestant, or at least what I would wear if I were to sing on stage....perhaps a Taylor Swift country song, hehe.

Common sense would probably say booties are not ideal for short legs, but at least with this style, the dip in the front helps slim/elongate the legs a little bit. Here's a comparison with my other Target booties.
Can you see any difference in leg lengthening or shortening?

However, I have to admit the Target Merona Kalama booties are more comfortable due to the rubber wedge, more cushion at ball of foot, and rounded toe, so I'd probably use that one more for travel. I'll keep the Born Woodlynne booties on days I want to be sassy!

No comments: