Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sequins

I blame it on those sequined ruby slippers from The Wizard of Oz for turning me into a little girl attracted to all things glittery...and the sparkly love affair continues as an adult!

Of course, being older and wiser, I've been trying to only add "neutral" sequined items in my wardrobe. Sequins are most wearable in black, pewter, muted gold, silver grey, blush, dusty lilac, and ivory in my opinion. The most memorable sparkly items from my favorite fashion bloggers include: I am Khatu's shorts, Extra Petite's skirt, Dress Up Files' dress, Confessions of a Call Center Gal's top, and maybe Classy Girls Wear Pearls glittery heels. 

So my recent sequin purchase was this Forever21 Sequined Sheer Back Top. I'm still debating if it's a keeper or not due to loose fit. Perhaps I can pull it off...
$19.80
Size Small - Gunmetal
The sequin top would be great for holiday parties, girls-night-out, or in my case...dancing Xbox 360 Kinect Michael Jackson style in my brother's gaming room (by myself, haha).

Also, here's some old magazine/catalog clippings I saved in my personal scrapbook, reminding me how timeless sequins are...

2 comments:

Me said...

Love the look of it off your shoulder!! It also looks nice tucked in with the blazer over it.

That game would be so much fun! I have always been curious to learn the Thriller dance.

Jyoti said...

I quite like the top! I think the slouchy fit makes the sequins more classy. xD Also you get a nice blousy effect when you tuck, like you've demonstrated. xD