Invited to a "formal" party in springtime? What to wear?!
Let's look in the closet....
- Long floor-sweeping evening dress? none.
- Flowing Grecian style dress as seen on red carpets? none.
- Sequin dress? ....eh, too Christmas-y.
- Little black dress? ...eh, length too short, too cocktail.
- Maybe spring pastel-colored dress? none.
- Satin dress? yes! I have two! halter blue one is...yuck, awkward midi length...needs to be altered.....which leaves the emerald dress....last styled for Petite Fashion Challenge #4 back in 2010 for Christmas party:
So this is the fanciest evening dress I own that fits :(
Luckily, "emerald" is color of the year :)
Just need more colorful accessories...but definitely avoid gold, red, and black (winter holiday colors).