Saturday, April 19, 2014

Flowy pants

Continuing my pants phase...I've been seeing lots of interesting pant styles at my favorite Forever 21 store lately. I'm not sure if "culottes" are considered pants, but I decided to try one out for fun.
It's kind of vintage, romantic and weird...I like it!

At first I was hesitant on the length...the dreaded "midi" length (which usually makes me feel stumpy and frumpy), but somehow fashion overcame the rules here. 

I've always been attracted to palazzo pants, but most on the market are so long in length that I don't even care to try them on. I'm thinking maybe culottes (especially with high waist and A-line shape) are a better alternative for petites than palazzo pants for that wonderful breezy flowy effect!

Here's some of the interesting pants I'm seeing at Forever 21 (click on picture for link):

4 comments:

KayVee said...

I actually love those kinds of pants although I only have one pair. I should get more! I wore them onto a cruise for one of the captain dinners and it was so comfortable. I agree, it's great for petites (I'm 4'11.75")!

Olyvia said...

kvinh, I was just thinking these pants are great for vacation/resort-wear! Glad you agree these work for petites :)

Brittney said...

These are from F21? I have never worn that silhouette before, but I'm intrigued. They would be perfect for hot summer nights.

Brittney

Another Beautiful Thing

Olyvia said...

Brittney, yep, all F21! There's always surprises and interesting stuff at Forever 21 :)