Friday, April 11, 2014

GAP broken-in straight surplus pants review

Dark green size 0P (current sale $34.99)
I'm in a "pants-wearing" phase lately and am on the lookout for more comfortable straight-leg styles (yes, I'm tired of skinny hugging pants now). I had thrown out my old skinny olive cargo pants that gave me gas problems from the tightness and was needing a replacement. Since I had a positive experience with "GAP broken-in khakis" in the past, I decided to give this year's version a try.

Sizing: I stuck to my 0 petite size and the length is perfect for me at 26" inseam (the side and back-view pics above shows the full unrolled length). The waist is a bit loose (~14.5" measured across laying flat) and low-rise, but works fine with a belt. The hip and thigh area are on the baggy side, so will be better for those with more curves.

Quality: I already washed these pants in the regular washer and dryer and they do not shrink. The fabric is thick and sturdy (almost feels like winter pants) with a soft velvety touch on the outer.

Overall: I decided to keep these because I love the dark green color and they are comfortable and great for casual "I don't care" outfits.

What kind of pants are you into lately?

3 comments:

Qwerty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quest for said...

Those are good casual pants--I can see them being versatile as well. I tend to go for the extremes for casual pants--either loose wide leg pants or skinny, the latter only because they're the stretchiest pair of pants I have that aren't yoga pants.

Olyvia said...

QFFS, thanks for sharing, haha! I'm in the mood for wide-leg now too :)