Sunday, November 30, 2014

The velvet blazer

My conservative office or church party look
 with these perennial winter favorites:
1. Velvet blazer - my vintage velvet blazer has been with me since high school (1990's), and it never goes out of style every winter; makes any outfit instantly more dressed-up (similar blazers currently seen at J.CrewBanana Republic and Target)

2. Cable-knit sweater - since my velvet blazer has always been a bit loose on me, it is perfect to wear a chunky sweater underneath. My favorite cable-knits are from Eddie Bauer (I try to stock up when they go on clearance during springtime at my local outlet mall). 

3. Leopard print heels - fashion bloggers definitely influenced me on these. They do miraculously blend well with any outfit, yet are more "special" than just plain black pumps. 

4. Gold purse - my vintage Judith Jack convertible gold purse has probably made the most appearances on this blog. Another item that spruces up any outfit to a more festive level!

*More holiday inspiration here, here, and here

No comments: