Saturday, June 10, 2017

On to Mirrored Sunglasses

Being nearsighted most of my life and too astigmatic, cheap, and wimpy to wear contact lenses, sporting sunglasses was never a practical option. But of course, now that I can afford prescription sunglasses and spend way too much time following fashion bloggers and admiring their instagam photos, I am inspired to add more thoughtful shades to my wardrobe!

My personal challenges with sunglasses are: sizing (my face is wide around the eye area, so most women glasses are too narrow or pinch too tight), the right proportion for my features (especially my nose and forehead height), and styling that does not make me look like an old lady (as with most Jackie O frames tend to do to me). 

The one type of sunnies that intrigued me a few years back (maybe around ~2013) were those colorful reflective mirrored sunglasses that makes fashion bloggers look so cool...the bright blue, green, yellow, and pink shades to match a background scenery or colors of the outfit. I thought it was only a fleeting trend, but turns out...I am seeing more and more mirrored sunglasses, maybe even more trendy now in 2017! 

As I was browsing the web for ideas, I was immediately drawn to this whole look:
Love the pop of blue over a neutral olive-tone outfit! 

No comments: