Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Valli ballgown crush

I have not been excited about celebrity high fashion at any events for a long time until I spotted some pictures of Ava Phillippe at the Bal des Debutantes in Paris this past week. She basically stole the whole show!

1st off: when was the last time a young lady rocked a conservative (all-covered up) gown? If I was a mother, I would totally want my teenage daughter to wear this to prom, haha!
2nd off: Like her mother Reese Witherspoon, she's of petite height...maybe 5'3" ish? I had always thought short girls would not stand a chance in a ballgown (since only tall girls win in beauty pageants), but Ava proved that wrong! All the other debutantes seem to fade into the background. See this video clip
3rd off: The brown-gold hue suits her hair and complexion so well! And the jewelry from Payal Mehta! The meaning behind the customized ring made me want to cry, it's so beautiful! 
A Giambattista Valli dress does it again! 
An unforgettable moment in celebrity fashion history!

No comments: