Monday, November 23, 2020

White Boots from Sam Edelman Hai Boots Review

I cannot remember the last time I did a shoe review since I have been quite satisfied with sticking to my 15 essentials shoes list. However, every winter, I grumble about having to get dressed up in holiday dresses because I get cold easily and sometimes wearing tights makes my whole outfit looks frumpier. Therefore, I have decided to try something new...knee high boots.

Since my most flattering shoes to wear with dresses are my nude pointy toe pumps, I decided to find a knee high boots version of my nude pumps. I realized that a neutral, nude-colored boots with all my desired specification such as pointy-toe, non-slip sole, genuine soft leather that is smooth (not suede), and affordable was quite hard to find. 

The closest I was able to snatch was this Sam Edelman Hai Knee High Boots in ivory that was on clearance sale at Nordstrom Rack for around $100. My size 6 was not available, so I went up half a size, figuring I would most likely wear thick socks with them.

Here's how the ivory color compares to my nude pumps...

 
I am disappointed that the soles are the resin slippery kind...which means I'll have to add one of those traction stickers at some point if it becomes a problem with my clumsiness in walking with heels. 

The Good: the leather is buttery soft and the three-inch block heel is actually quite comfortable. The ivory color surprisingly makes my outfits look more fashionable than my usual black booties with black tights. 

The Bad: the boots are a bit loose on me, but that's only because they are out of stock with my actual size, so I'm not sure if the size 6 would have been better on me, than these 6.5 ones. My other qualms are the slippery/loud sounding sole. And now I'm wary about how long the ivory leather will last since I have a rugged gait. 

The Verdict: I'm going to keep these since I think the $100 price is pretty good for something with buttery soft leather upper that will be hard to find in a lower price range. So until I find something else better, these will have to do for my winter fancy outfits! 

Other Inspirations:
-See fellow petite Kileen from Cute & Little in the snakeskin version of these Sam Edelman Hai boots in size 5. 

-I enjoyed this article about how to style white boots because I definitely feel what she is feeling... "I get tired of dark winter clothes really fast and there’s nothing like some lightness to elevate a potentially drab winter look.  They look modern but not so trendy that I feel foolish."

- Tina at Style Appetite has a great Fall/Winter outfit with white boots. 

-Lastly, this article convinced me that boots are great with midi length skirts! I mean, look at this gorgeous outfit! 
Do you own white/pale boots? How do you keep them clean?!

No comments: