Monday, January 11, 2021

Favorite Home Accessories from Seattle Washington

One of these peaceful days, when the pandemic (and riots...so sad) are over, I would love to visit the city of Seattle, especially since I've been loving these online purchases from Seattle based companies for their innovative, super cute, and problem-solving quality goods for the home, especially when sprucing up my kitchen (since most of my days are in the kitchen now). Here are my favorites:

1. Tablecloths from Splash Fabric - I'm from a family who loves using tablecloths to preserve brand new dinner tables from scratches and marks (reason: in case we move, we can resale or give away furniture a lot easier when it is in excellent condition). Also, some of our tables are hand-me-downs or scored from thrift stores with unsightly dings and stains, so a pretty tablecloth covers all of that! I've been disappointed with disposable plastic tablecloths that rips so easily, washable polyester fabric styles that I become too lazy to wash and oil/sauce stains become permanent, vinyl ones with nasty chemical smells which I'm sure is causing everyone cancer, but this Splash Fabric tablecloth has been "magic" indeed! It's a bit pricey at around $100 for a big sheet, but totally worth it! Wipes clean easily (meaning, it never needs to go into the washer, yay for less work!), no chemical smells, and several cute prints to choose from! This is one of the splurge items that I feel good about with being more eco-friendly and efficient, while keeping it stylish for the home. 

(always in love with whimsical Victorian illustrations) 

2. Flour-sack towels from Potluck Press - I'm also from a family who loves washing our own dishes by hand and we use the dishwasher that came with the house more as a storage cabinet for our kitchenware. I find that the best towels to use to wipe dry our glassware and ceramics are lightweight flour sack towels. These Potluck Press ones comes in the quirkiest prints that makes washing dishes that much more fun! 

 

3. Refrigerator magnets from Three by Three - I recently got a new refrigerator that is too pretty to cover with random tacky souvenir magnets, but the husband has a habit of putting notes on the fridge, so I found these really sleek "Mighties" magnets that looks like minimalist jewels. But please be mindful if you have a house full of kids or pets who might swallow a tiny strong magnet before utilizing these. That is the only qualm I have with these in regards to safety. Otherwise, love them for the modern simple style! 

BTW, all of these makes great unique gifts! 
What are your favorite stores or purchases from Seattle, WA?

No comments: