Saturday, October 31, 2020

Oversize Beanie Hat Trend 2020

I should really start a recurring post on headwear trends, since I love-love-love hats! For a person who struggles with hairdos, bald spots, huge forehead, sensitivity to the weather, hats are a lifesaver! For this Fall/Winter 2020, I see a lot of retailers pushing out French-style berets and bucket hats (almost like a promotion for the Netflix show Emily in Paris), but the trend that I find most captivating and refreshing on the streets is actually the oversize or elongated beanie hats, worn in a way where it sticks up at the top. 

Inspired by Alexandra Pereira (coolest fashion influencer) and Delaney Glazer (coolest dancer) 


While I was researching on "how to wear or style beanies" for myself, I kept seeing this peachy-pink Acne Studios hat that definitely deserves a recognition in the timeline of greatest fashion moments! Who knew this salmon color is quite versatile!
 
1, 2, 3
I'm not sure if I would spend $150 on this beanie, but I'm sold on trying to find a lower cost alternative with similar effects and color. 

***Update 1/15/20***
Found a great dupe at Forever 21! 
Doesn't have the iconic face-patch, and not as thick, but the color is very similar!
I would say this version is more incognito and wearable.

If anyone finds another good dupe, let me know in the comments! 

No comments: