Saturday, April 26, 2014

Second round of lickable hues

Last year, I bought this lilac sweater at Forever 21, and haven't worn it much because:
1. It doesn't get cold enough in the sunny desert weather that I live in. 
2. The wool blend knit with the pearl-embellishments require hand-washing. Lazy me tend to opt for machine-washable tee's rather than clothes than require extra maintenance. 
3. I seem to have a mental-block when it comes to finding what to wear with this sweater. 

Yet, I still keep the sweater because:
1. The soft lilac purple hue is so pretty and different. 
2. I tell myself there will be random cold days (like today in the 60's ºF) that I would reach for this sweater. 
3. The "Lickable Trend" outfit I posted last year was a hit (one of my favorite outfits). 

Thus, sticking to what worked last year, I'm bringing out the pastels.

Do you wear pastels on pastels? 
Do share your outfits in the comments below :)

3 comments:

Quest for said...

I remember when you first got that sweater and thinking it was so charming! Love that outfit -- the combination of preppy and feminine, stripes and pearls. I tend to shy away from pastels because I find that they wash me out (I think I only have one pastel-colored item in my closet!), but you're right, they are such pretty colors.

Kellyinthecity said...

Love this look!

Adorable!

xx
Kelly
kellyinthecity.com

Olyvia said...

QQFS, I'm sure there's a pastel color that you might look good in...I'm thinking maybe mint or pale pale pink :)

Thanks Kelly!