Sunday, June 8, 2014

The lengthy debate

The usual guideline is if you're petite, shorter hemlines are preferred to lengthen the legs. However, I'm always debating this because shorter lengths are not always appropriate and sometimes the legs just don't look that great (flabby thighs, cellulite-showing, pasty, crooked, bruised, veiny, etc.). So here's me attempting different hemlines to see what really is the best length? 

A) MINI-SHORT SHORTS - not appropriate for work, but good for hot summer weekends
B) MID-THIGH - shhh, actually wearing an underslip dress here
 C) KNEE-LENGTH - this is realistically how I normally dress to work
D) MIDI-MID-CALF - the only midi-length items I own now are gaucho (or culottes) lounge pants
  E) FLOOR-LENGTH - wish I had a black maxi-dress for more consistency
Hmm...after looking at these photos, I really can't decide what looks better. The infamous midi length is probably the least flattering. However, there are probably ways to make midi-length more pleasing like wearing heels instead of flats. Anyhow...
Does length really matter?
What do you think is the best or worst?

(Featuring customize whale-print tote from my favorite Etsy tote-maker: NancyPKdesigns)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Length does matter. I love the knee length skirt the best

www.highheelsandtutus.com

Julia said...

The last one is definitely better! As long as you style it with a pair of sandals! :)

Closet de Jules

SewPetiteGal said...

I like mid-thigh best followed by maxi and knee. I have perpetually bruised shins and veiny back-calves, but I've given up on hiding them :)

Olyvia said...

Thank you ladies for your input!