Saturday, November 1, 2014

Most Important Dress

Getting "married" is something I tend to leave to serendipity, and not by hard work or goal-driven attainment as in other aspects of my life. I'm not really sure if marriage is in my cards, but I do love to daydream and brainstorm the perfect "wedding dress" (if by chance I get proposed to)...because it is one of the most important fashion event in a woman's life. I know everyone will be staring at me and pictures will be taken at my ceremony, so wearing a beautiful dress that makes me look and feel good is ideal.

Over the years, I do realize my "dream dress" changes with my style and inspiration of the moment. So I thought it would be fun to share my ideas here and to re-evaluate my past and present style choices. 

My first brainstorm: back in high school/college, I was all into Victorian styles and being ultra-conservative, thus I conjured up this ideal dress with the puff sleeves and gloves.
My thoughts now: too old fashion. 

Then feeling like I probably won't get married till I'm 50 years old, I conjured up this dress for my future elderly state... mixing some traditional Vietnamese headgear, and trying to be unique with rainbow color sequins/tulle. 
My thoughts now: Too much going on here. 

In 2012: This Phoenix Bride & Groom Magazine summer/fall 2012 edition caught my eye at the grocery store. I felt that I should probably find a more modern dress. I loved the sleek look of this bride's dress with the crystal sequins (clearly, I have a thing for sparkly things). Dress is from Shaffer's.
Thoughts now: I do not have the body to wear this kind of dress with my belly pooch
Realistically, all-over sequins are heavy, itchy, and don't sparkle well in photographs. 
No more sequins, please. 

In 2015: I fell in love with these dresses that are slim/sheath-like underneath, but has drama with the split overskirt feature...
Monique Lhuillier Spring 2015 "Fabienne"
"Annabelle"

But for a girl on budget, something simple like this would also do:
Love the rainbow rhinestones! 

2017 of recent: Following bloggers has definitely changed my style towards more Audrey Hepburn looks and the 1950-60's, as well as some inspirations from trendy Kawaii/K-Pop culture. This Carolina Herrera dress is all that!

No comments: