Sunday, October 15, 2017

Unconventional Wedding Dress Challenge Part 4

Tip #4. Two-fer: I got this idea from this Elizabeth Kennedy dress. Pair a cheap mini flare dress over a maxi tulle skirt and "tada"! Instant drama, uniqueness, and versatility for the frugal girl. 

PrettyLittleThing Jacquard Ruffle Skater Dress
Little Mistress Petite Maxi Tulle Skirt 
Dress size US 6 (sale $31.50). Skirt size Petite US 2 ($79).
Multiple ways to reuse the two pieces:
Problem: My dress size 6 was too loose (sucks when clearance items do not have small sizes left). The skirt "mink" color is a bit too dark and moody for a wedding. Even though the tulle skirt is very pretty and princess-y, I felt it no longer fits my adult age. 

Lesson learned: Although I originally thought this was a genius idea for a cheap evening gown ensemble, the puffy tulle feels too costume-y for me. Lets face the facts, I'm no longer of quinceaƱera age and do not live in a fairy world. But I'm digging the open back detail of the dress...something to consider.

Part 1,  2,  3,  4,  5,  6Final Thoughts

No comments: