Saturday, January 1, 2022

The It Sweater of the Moment

One of the weird pastimes I have is evaluating trendy sweaters of the year. Christmas week brought out some great statement sweaters for holiday 2021, beckoning into 2022 winter. 

Olivia Palermo, who is the GOAT at trendsetting in classy styles, just had to make a Christmas greeting splash to all with this particular sweater.....I don't know what you call those little ball-y things...pom-poms, yarn-balls....which seems like they have been on-trend for awhile, but the shoulder flap/fold detail made it different. Almost 1980'ish feel, almost space-theme....almost like a faux-vest on a sweater. I thought it was a bit too much at first, but it's starting to wear on me. 
Then a few days later, I spotted a similar sweater on Tiffany Hsu on a dinner date with Tina Leung....these are famous streetstyle fashionistas so whatever they are choosing to wear when going out, they are for sure trying to bring out what's new and cool to the world! 
So cute, right?

Okay, so if I really wanted to update my sweater style, I'm thinking of trying these out....here's some similar ones on the market: 

    Forever 21 has the best dups....
(sale $34.99, which is still a bit pricey for F21) 
but comes in white and lime green! 
 
Express has some without the pom-pom balls, but the faux-vest detail is strong!
Nasty Gal has a more demure take on it, just the shoulder detail, no pom poms or extra knit textures.
ASOS also has some...
What do you prefer? With pom-poms or without?

No comments: